compensation: $20 and up per hour DOE employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Job title: Camera Operator/ Assistant Editor
Type of position: Part-time - per project
This position is responsible for assisting in shooting local marketing videos. Additional work may be available for editing and Wordpress website projects.
Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for helping set up and operate cameras, lighting and audio equipment, and accessories as required.
• Carrie out the instructions of the director for camera settings, lighting and audio set-ups, etc.
Secondary responsibilities. -Helpful to the team and will lead to more hours.
• Maintains all equipment and accessories used for production in the studio and on location.
• Provides assistance in all aspects of production: from pre-production to post production and delivery.
• Editing of videos which includes capturing, importing, and logging of all footage; assembling shots, applying transitions, creating titles and graphics, adding voiceovers and music.
• Encoding and outputting videos for distribution at required specifications.
• Uploading and posting videos to online video hosting, video sharing, and social networking sites.
• Works closely with the director to follow templates, protocols, and guidelines for videos.
• Work closely with all members of the video production and postproduction teams.
• Provides general assistance in all aspects of daily productions from pre-production to post production and distribution.
• Researches and acquires video elements such as stock footage, graphics, photos, voice-overs, music, sound fx, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Strong working knowledge of HD cameras, lighting and audio equipment, related accessories, production workflows & principals of videography.
• Ability to take direction and work quickly in both team and solo environments.
• Excellent time-management skills to meet deadlines and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible and irregular hours.
A valid driver's license and the ability to carry heavy equipment when necessary.
Strong desire to improve and learn new skills.
Basic understanding of Mac OS.
Helpful but not essential:
Editing, encoding, and output using Final Cut Pro X.
WORDPRESS experience is a HUGE plus! As is Video SEO for Youtube, Vimeo and Facebook.
Color Correction and Color Grading
Experience with DSLRs
Please provide a link to sample footage of your work and specify your contribution to each video.
Include an equipment list if you have your own HD camera.
The more qualifications you meet the higher the pay and the more hours you can work.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers