The successful candidate will join our Support Team as a Support Engineer L2. Netgain Networks’ Support Engineer L2 are engaged in network, server, and VoIP system support and troubleshooting. Candidate will perform maintenance, software installations, troubleshooting Internet connectivity, backup, office application, email and other network-wide and desktop-level issues. He/She will ensure end-user end user, workstations, peripherals and network performance meets company and user requirements. Troubleshoot computer/PBX problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Candidate will be responsible for on-site service and support needs for our customers when not performing remote support.
• Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
• Administers PBX (VoIP) Systems, and supports end user activities on a primarily Digium, Cisco, Avaya and Fortinet systems.
• Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
• Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
• Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
• Maintains site licenses for department/organization.
• Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
• Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Develops and conducts various training and instructions for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
• Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
• Efficiently executes maintenance and support procedures, anticipating the needs of clients and communicating clearly with all interested parties using email, ticket tracking systems, telephone, and in-person correspondence
• Documents all relevant infrastructure adjustments, augmentation, and deployment within the Netgain Networks database, and helps to maintain the accuracy of the help desk database
• Participates in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures.
• Degree in related field and/or 3-4 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
• 1-2 years technical support experience.
• Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
• Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
• Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
• Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
• Must have a valid California Driver’s License and good driving record.
Microsoft Certifications, A+, CCNA, BA or BS.
• Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers