Time & Alarm Systems is an industry leader in the Integration and Implementation of Low Voltage Systems including Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV, Access Control, Intercom/Mass Notification, Computer Networking and Audio-Visual Systems for the K-12, Military/Govt. markets in Southern California.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for a professional IT Support Tech, who must be detail oriented and willing to work in multiple areas of the business as it pertains to IT. This position offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and 401K plan.
Job Objectives Include but not limited to:
· Maintaining SBS 2011 Server
· Maintaining Desktop Computers and Peripheral Equipment
· Maintaining Network Environment
· Maintaining Server/System Backups
· Assisting with training field technicians on the IP portions of our products.
· Serving as a resource to Sales Engineers as well as attend sales calls or customer demos to answer technical questions that may come up.
· Coordinating with customers to gain access/use of their data network for our products.
· Strong understanding of IP Networks in general.
· Possess an overall understanding of a network topology including WANs, LANs and VLANS.
· Possess a good understanding of IP Addressing schemes and all of their components including subnets and how subnet masks work and gateway addresses.
· Understand how VLANs and Subnet networks work and the differences between them.
· Possess an understanding of firewalls, both hardware and software
· Possess an understanding of TCP, UDP, ICMP, NTP ports and protocols and how they interact.
· Possess a basic knowledge of how Cisco hardware works and how programming is completed. Being certified or strong in Cisco programming is a plus but not necessary but will need to be able to communicate with the person setting up the network to your needs.
· Possess strong understanding of Desktop Computers, Windows 7 and Office
· Possess strong understanding of Server 2008 and Exchange 2010
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be able to pass DOJ background and drug screen
More Information on Position:
• Full Time Position
• Benefits provided after Completion of Probation
• Pay based upon Experience
Job Type: Full-time