compensation: Based On Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A highly innovative, high-growth Cannabis analytical testing laboratory start-up is looking for an Assistant Lab Director to join their team. We will be located in Southern California’s new Cannabis capital, Coachella Valley. While close to 80% of other municipalities and counties in California have outlawed cannabis business, Coachella Valley has embraced the industry.
The ideal candidate will have either industrial or academic experience (5/10 years) with instruments and techniques that include HPLC, GC, trace metal analysis (ICPMS) and/or wet chemistry techniques. Successful candidates will be familiar with good laboratory practices and work closely with our lab analysts, technicians and management team.
• Able to effectively perform wet laboratory techniques with documentation as per ISO 17025:2017 standards
• Experience working with SOP method validation for analytical processes is a plus.
• Experience working with the following instrumentation: GC/MS-FID, ICP/MS, HPLC, LC/MS/MS and GC/MS/MS.
• Experience performing residual pesticide analysis in foods, soil or water.
• Ensuring that SOPs are followed, maintained and improved as well as meet regulatory requirements.
• Experience working with qPCR is a bonus.
• 5-10 years of full-time practical experience in an analytical chemistry setting; or a doctorial or master’s degree in biological, chemical or related sciences from an accredited university or college, plus at least 2 years of full-time experience.
• Working experience in environmental, food safety or forensic laboratories preferred, experience working with a wide range of analytical testing protocols.
• Professional expertise and experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS or ICPMS.
• Experience with ISO/IEC 17025 or similar accreditation processes.
• BCC Regulations prohibit Laboratory employees from owning, having an interest in or working for any other California Cannabis Licensees while employed by a Laboratory
• Relocation assistance available
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers