Muiti tasked, hard working fast learning responsible employee (Victorville)
available afternoons available evenings available mornings available overnight available weekdays available weekends education completed: associates
QR Code Link to This Post
Victorville, CA 92392
OBJECTIVE To secure a position in which I will utilize my skills, abilities & experience to benefit an employer while achieving new personal career goals.
Upbeat, dependable, problem-solver with knowledge of various forklifts including 30K, Reach, Boom Lift & Scissor Lift. OSHA & Safety trained. Able to trouble shoot and improvise using non-traditional mechanisms, hand power tools, etc. Able to lift, push or pull, load & unload up to 75 lbs. Bilingual – read, write and communicate in English & Spanish. Computer-literate.
Freelance/contract work1/2019 to present
• Duties include hotel maintenance -- removal, repair and/or installation of all types of flooring (carpet, tile, wood planks, etc.), cabinets, sinks and drainage.
• Concrete and cement repair
• Drywall repair. Paint and texture walls.
• Clean and repair storm drains and pigeon abatement. Dispose of material according to city regulations.
• Read and follow blue prints.
Field Technician/Laborer SECC Corp. Adelanto, CA 7/6/2017 – 9/12/18
▪ Underground utility construction included trenching, excavations, maintenance digs & troubleshooting.
▪ Supplied support truck with materials and tools needed to carry out a job which included loading and unloading materials, machinery, and tools and distributing to appropriate locations, according to project plans.
▪ Raised, lowered & set Manholes, Vaults and Pedestals.
▪ Repaired and restored concrete and asphalt using cold and hot patch; cleaned up rubble & debris.
▪ Verified and proofed conduit, pulled cable, rod and roping and inner duct placement.
▪ Drove company truck to job sites in response to routine ticket requests, emergencies, and relocates.
▪ Read maps and followed directions.
▪ Traffic control – Diagram set up; Installed cones and signs (light boards) adhering to a Traffic Management Plan; controlled traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
▪ Kept records and documented all completed work.
Maintenance/Custodial Lead Pacific Aerospace Resources & Technologies Victorville, CA 11/2014– 5/2015
▪ Cleaned, sanitized & maintained facilities (offices, meeting rooms, restrooms) & airplane hangars in an efficient and timely manner.
▪ Cleaned / dusted and polished furniture, woodwork, light fixtures, windows and blinds.
▪ Used Air Stair Truck to access planes. Spot trailers as directed.
▪ Drove company truck to pick up or deliver parts.
▪ Trained mechanics in proper use and disposal of cleaning chemicals.
▪ FAA Security clearance required.
Night Lead Custodian Hesperia Unified School District Hesperia, CA2/2008 – 12/2013
▪ Cleaned and preserved facilities & grounds to maintain safe & sanitary environment. Disinfected, swept, mopped, scrubbed, stripped, polished, oil and waxed floors; applied sealants; vacuumed, shampooed carpet. Operated scrubber, buffer, burnisher, waxer, carpet extractor, shampooer, wet & dry vacuums; electric cart, hand truck and steam cleaner.
▪ Graffiti removal using solutions and/or paint.
▪ Ordered, restocked/ replenished supplies. Maintained records and inventory
▪ Followed written hazard instructions using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to ensure all containers were stored & labeled properly for safety.
▪ Calculated accurate dilution of cleaning agents.
▪ Installed, repaired & made adjustments to furniture & equipment.
▪ Minor asphalt repair.
▪ Basic electrical, lighting, heating, ventilation and plumbing installation and repair.
▪ Used pallet jack / lift gate truck to load, unload, move, deliver & store books, furniture & other heavy items.
▪ Inspected work areas and informed supervisor of safety hazards.
▪ Ensured gates, windows and doors were locked to secure buildings; set alarm system.
▪ Assumed responsibilities & duties of Day Lead in his absence.
Owner / Operator ASAP Janitorial Service Victorville, CA 3/1997 – 5/2007
▪ Bonded & licensed - managed over 30 local/corporate accounts.
▪ Provided excellent customer service with satisfaction guaranteed.
▪ Obtained clients through cold calling/bidding.
▪ Hired, trained & supervised up to 13 employees.
▪ Services included cleaning inside and outside of buildings, cleaning floors (carpet, tile, linoleum, etc.), repair, maintenance & landscaping -- mow lawns, trim shrubbery, plant flowers, and apply pesticides.
▪ Identified and reported damage / necessary repairs to owner/manager.
▪ Secured buildings and prevented property damage, loss & liability exposure.
▪ Filled work orders.
▪ Basic record-keeping; managed and budgeted accounts; billing and collections; accounts payable/receivable, & processed payroll.
▪ Produced, shot, and edited own commercials for local cable tv.
Certified Heavy Equipment Operator Heavy Equipment College of California San Bernardino, CA 09/2016
▪ NAHETS- North America Heavy Equipment Training Services
▪ ADEPT- Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Testing Excavator, Dozer, Backhoe and Wheel Loader
* Held Class B with airbrake and weight endorsement to drive satellite truck – Class B expired.
AA Degree in Journalism California State University Los Angeles, CA
Certificate - Video/Film Workshop Los Angeles City College Los Angeles, CA
High School Diploma South Gate High School South Gate, CA
ACHIEVEMENTS Winner of Emmy, Associated Press, Golden Mike & Genesis awards for videography.
Resume_Javier_3.25.20Revised printed 3/31/2020 5:45 PM saved 3/31/2020 5:54 PM
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this poster.
Do NOT contact this poster with unsolicited services or offers.