compensation: DEPENDING ON EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE. PERIODIC PERFORMANCE BONUSES employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
A candidate for a Facility Manager/Night Awake shall meet one of the following requirements:
1. Have a Bachelor of Arts of Sciences degree
2. Two years of full time experience, or its equivalent, working with the population to be served, or equivalent education or experience, as determined by the California Department of Social Services.
3. Two years experience as a member of the social work staff in a group home or short-term residential therapeutic program.
A candidate for Child Care Worker/Direct Care Staff shall meet one of the following requirements prior to employment:
1.Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
2. Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
3. Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
4. Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
5. Have a valid Vocational Training Certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
6. Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic program for at least a year
All employees must be able to pass a FBI, DOJ and Child Abuse clearance and have a safe driving record. They will be cleared through our commercial insurance carrier and will be in good physical condition and as such to be able to participate in recreation activities with the clients. They will have good writing skills.The primary duties of a Facility Manger/Child Care Worker are numerous and complex. Their jobs duties will include but are not limited to the following: to meet the daily physical and emotional needs of the clients, keep the facility and vehicle clean and in order, monitor and supervise the clients at all times, organize and implement the daily activities of the house. The organization and implementation of daily activities in the house should correspond to the following guideline:
Make sure all the clients get to school.
Make sure all the clients chores are complete and that the house is in order.
Make sure that all the clients stay on task and follow their program.
Maintain the daily structure in the facility.
Transport clients to various appointments.
Prepare and serve snacks and meals.
Supervise recreational activities.
Supervise and assist clients during study hour.
Enforce the policy and procedures implemented by Starshine Treatment Centers.
You will be medication trained and will be responsible for the distribution and documentation of medication to the clients according to STC policies.
Each employee is responsible for counting medications when their shift begins.
Document in daily logs as well as the communication log.
You will help with clothes shopping, personal need shopping and take clients for haircuts.
You will know how and implement client point system.
You will set a good example and give direction to trainees.
Assist or perform other related duties as directed by the Facility Administrator(s)/Staff Supervisor
Starting compensation: DOE
Benefits for full time employees: Medical, dental vision, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, major holidays and sick leave.
Employment Types: Full/Part-Time and On-Call
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers