JOB DESCRIPTION Census Canvasser - Candidate Pool
We are currently seeking Civic Engagement Program (CEP) canvassers for our Census 2020 outreach program. The CEP canvassers will be contacting and engaging residents in the San Bernardino Metro region to provide our community with accurate and trusted information on the impacts and importance of participating in the 2020 Census, to encourage our community to participate and to ensure that any unanswered questions or concerns are addressed to ensure a full and accurate count of our San Bernardino Metro area.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will be added into our candidate pool for consideration, CEP canvassers are responsible for outreaching to residents through a variety of strategies such as tabling and boothing at events, door-to-door canvassing, phone banking and text messaging.
Job Description: CEP canvassers will be able to:
• Engage our residents in dialogue about the importance of participating in the Census 2020 program and commit the resident, through a pledge card tool, to stay engaged with our program up until confirming the submission of the Census 2020 card.
• Stay current on messaging being developed and used as trusted messengers, to ensure alignment of our work as a region.
• Attend informational trainings and workshops regarding the Census 2020 program.
• Be willing to continually learn and be motivated to improve their own canvassing skills as well as to support the entire team to achieve its organizational goals.
• Be on time daily and be ready for work.
• Meet the outreach goals set per/canvasser
● Ideal candidates will have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ideal candidates will be organized and maintain accurate records of their canvassing activities and materials.
● Ideal candidates will maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude. CEP canvassers must be responsible, self-directed and able to work well in a team.
● Canvassers will be required to do some traveling and should have basic map-reading skills when working door to door.
● Bilingual needed: Spanish and English
Canvassers must be prepared to work in all types of weather, which may
include rain, wind, heat and sun. Canvassers must also be able to complete light physical activities such as standing, walking or moving about for extended periods of time as they execute their canvassing through neighborhoods and events, engaging community residents. Canvassers may also be required to carry up to 10 pounds of materials/literature and water and snacks for themselves.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers