QR Code Link to This Post
The Best Place to Be a Substitute Teacher
Choose Where, When, and What You Teach
- Flexibility at your fingertips: Apply once and choose from hundreds of jobs at schools near you.
- A modern subbing experience: Our mobile app has everything you need to find and prepare for assignments.
- Control your earning potential: Every Friday is payday and you can earn rewards for hitting workday goals.
- Work that fits your life: Take on a long-term position or choose a new assignment every day.
How to Get Started
- Click 'Apply now' on the blue image above.
- You will be taken to Swing's application page.
- Answer a few simple questions to register and begin the application process.
- Follow the steps on the screen. Your responses will help us determine your qualifications, flag gaps, and notify you of any action needed to get you certified and started.
- Once you have completed all the necessary requirements, you will start to see all available schools and assignments on your computer, your phone, or on the Swing app!
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr college or university in the U.S.
- Currently have or will obtain a CA teaching credential or substitute teaching permit.
- Pass a background check and negative TB test before the hiring date.
*Pay is influenced by factors like location, school, education, and certification. While we aim for competitive rates, pay is ultimately set by Swing's school partners, so we cannot guarantee the highest pay for every job.