compensation: $70,000 - $75,000 depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This role will supervise and coordinate high volume accounts payable activities in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing and monitoring of the company payables operations. Activities include processing and payment of invoices in a timely fashion, proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, correct distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments that make full use of available discounts, and proper filing and storage of records.
• Oversee the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and enter invoices for payment to include general ledger coding
• Process backup reports after data entry
• Manage the weekly check run
• Prepare general ledger entries as required to correct errors
• Prepare vendor and manual checks when required for mailing
• Maintain vendor files, paid invoice files and other paper records
• Maintain electronic vendor invoices files
• Vendor statement reconciliation
• Print and distribute reports
• Process expense reports, verify receipts and reconcile to statement
• Process ACH and wire payments
• Prepare guidelines for proper coding of invoices to general ledger expense accounts and updates to inventory records
• Create and maintain accounts payable procedures
• Identify, develop and implement process improvements
• Maintain confidentiality concerning financial files and exhibit sound and accurate judgment
• Supervisory Responsibilities
• Supervise a team of 2
• Setting objectives for the account payable team that align with the accounting departments and company goals.
• Allocate use of available resources and delegate work duties to staff while anticipating future department resource needs.
• Assign duties, and evaluate work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies
• Provide training and development opportunities.
• Associate's degree or college coursework in accounting, business, or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years of related experience in high volume payables processing
• Must have at least 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience.
• Must have a proven track record handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Must have strong customer service skills.
• Must be a strong and accurate listener as well as an excellent communicator, both oral and written.
• Requires a certain degree of creativity and latitude based on an increased knowledge and understanding of internal policies and procedures.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience using VLookups and pivot tables is a must.
• Must have experience in using accounting software and reporting systems, preferably an ERP system such as NetSuite.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers