compensation: Dependent on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position supports the Controller in the daily processing and enforcing of organizational accounting functions and controls related to the capture and analysis of revenues, costs, and expenses. This position requires prior audit experience, as well as a familiarity with GAAP, G/L account reconciliation and compliance to general operational procedures (SOP).
Specific Duties Include:
1. Revenue Recognition - the timely and accurate generation/processing of customer billings, receivable reconciliations, and recognition of other income sources. Billing processes entail the evaluation/collect of data from multiple data sources and internal staff members.
2. Costs/Payables – the evaluation, processing and classification of cost related expenses (COG), and operational expenses for multiple cost centers (G&A). Duties include the review of vendor statements, maintenance of proper journal account classifications, and reimbursements.
3. Purchasing – This position acts as the primary point of contact for staff requests for supplies and services. Duties entail product/supplies purchasing, services scheduling, and on-going evaluation of costs and delivery utilizing standard market/quantity/margin calculations. Requires strict adherence to the use of purchase orders and management review/approval procedures. Position also maintains/controls the in-house inventory of supplies
4. Reporting – Requires the collection/compiling/retention of financial data for the strict adherence to the company’s reporting directives. Requires the preparation of spreadsheets utilizing mathematical calculations and formulas.
5. Files – Maintains the organization and timely filing of accounting documentation, including accounts receivables, accounts payable (paid/unpaid), vouchers, contracts, and correspondence.
6. Other – Other duties/projects as assigned to support the Controller function.
This position requires a Bachelors degree in accounting or related field plus 2 or more years of relevant experience in supporting a Controller function, or a combination of experience, education, and/or training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requisite duties. Requires advanced knowledge of office practices/procedures, 10 key (touch) and accounting spreadsheet software, including Excel and Quickbooks On-line.
This position requires a disciplined professional who can communicate/ work effectively with all staff members and management. Exhibited traits will include punctuality, a respect for deadlines, excellent time management skills, and pride of responsibility. Courtesy, Confidentiality, Flexibility, and honest communications are fundamental .
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers