Direct Support Professional DSP II (Apple Valley) (Apple Valley)
LOCATIONS WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING:
SAN GABRIEL, HACIENDA HEIGHTS, APPLE VALLEY, SAN BERNARDINO, MONTEREY PARK, LOS ANGELES, POMONA, TULARE/VISALIA, CA
1. Job Identification
Job Title: Direct Support Professional II
Job Code: DRCTSPR2
Division: People's Care Inc. (PCI), Inland Residential Services (IRS)
Department: Residential Departments
Reports to: Administrators
Compensation Grade: Service-Level Family
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Rate Type: Hourly
2. Job Summary
The Direct Support Professional II supports individuals with developmental disabilities to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professional II promotes the health, safety and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professional II serves as an advocate for our clients.
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of state and federal laws, Regional Center, Department of Social Services, Department of Developmental Services, and State Council on Developmental Disabilities, knowledge of Title 17 and 22, knowledge of dual diagnosis, Individual Program Plans, knowledge of client service needs, knowledge of medication protocol, knowledge of emergency disaster protocol, knowledge of abuse reporting protocol and knowledge of behavior plans.
Skills Required: Organization skills, time management skills, analytical skills, good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, critical thinking, active listening, reading comprehension, teamwork, interpretation, problem-solving, teaching, comparing, basic mathematical skills, classifying, analyzing, coordinating, innovating, and strategizing.
Abilities Required: Active listening, ability to interact effectively with management, social perceptiveness, maintain confidentiality, detail-oriented, flexibility, adaptability, prioritize, ability to work with a diverse population ability to work with clients with behaviors, ability to administer medications and treatments, positive attitude, work ethic, responsibility, self-discipline, creativity, multi-cultural awareness, empathy and concentration.
4. Education and Experience
Minimum Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have Direct Support Professional I and Direct Support Professional II certificates in accordance with Title 17 Requirements.
Minimum Experience: Must have at least one year experience in a related field working with adults with developmental disabilities.
5. Essential Functions
• Attend to the needs of each resident, including assisting them with grooming, bathing, hygiene, toileting, feeding and communicating other individual needs they may have
• Administer medications to individual(s) and follow the five rights for verification purposes
• Maintain a safe environment for the residents by cleaning the homes, informing the Administrator about any broken/inoperable items, locking up medicines and chemicals and reporting any problems that can cause injuries
• Complete and continually update client notes system and information about the residents and any changes in behavior
• Report any incidents or evidence of abuse or violation of residents' rights to Administrator and appropriate agencies
• Complete all electronic training system requirements and required training and courses in a timely manner
• Attend Individual Program Plan Meetings for the residents and act as an advocate
• Check all fire alarms and fire extinguisher(s) to make sure they are updated and functioning
• Support the needs and goals of each resident such as taking them to medical appointments, visiting families and friends, taking them to participate in leisure activities, and encouraging them to socialize with peers
• Change clients' diapers and/or clothing as needed
• Dress according to dress code and safety purposes
• Attend regular staff meetings and participate in continuing education and trainings
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
7. Physical Requirements
The Direct Support Professional works in an indoor setting and occasionally in an outdoor setting. Frequent lifting and/or carrying objects/individuals up to 50 pounds is required. Constant hearing, seeing, and speaking is required. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, keying/fingering, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting neck, twisting waist, driving, feeling, and crouching. Occasional running, climbing, kneeling, traveling, squatting, sitting, and balancing is required.
8. Other Requirements
This position will require a valid California ID or Driver's License. Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to background check, physical etc. If required to drive, candidate must possess proof of valid insurance and registration. Must be at least 21 years of age to drive for People's Care.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers