Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Part-Time Night Auditor (Temecula, CA (Winery))
Location: Temecula, CA
Ponte Family Estate is a Southern California based winery and hospitality operation. Located in the heart of the Temecula Wine Country. We are a short drive from most of Southern California and host visitors who want a break from city life.
Ponte Vineyard Inn currently seeks energetic and enthusiastic candidates for part-time Hotel Night Auditor's to join our valued team.
This position is primarily responsible for reconciling hotel accounts to ensure that all financial transactions are accounted for accurately and timely. The Night Auditor reports financial information to hotel management and Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Night Audit (50%)
* Post into QuickBooks the daily accounts including credit card transactions after running appropriate reports to verify accuracy of data.
* Research and resolve any un-posted tickets or reservation transactions from the day shift.
* Audit the shift closing from the front desk personnel to ensure accuracy of transactions and reporting.
* Follow all procedures to properly handle all cash transactions.
* Prepare guest ledger reports as requested by management.
* Prepare daily flash reports as requested by management.
* Communicate all variances or questionable activity to the controller and hotel manager.
* Provide next day report for Front Office, Housekeeping, and other departments as required.
* Perform property walks to ensure safety and security of facility.
Guest Service (50%)
* To ensure guest satisfaction and profitability is maximized at every opportunity.
* To uphold professional standards of mutual respect, integrity, attention to detail, constant focus on excellence, sustainability and mentorship.
* Set an example to all other associates at all times.
* Greet guests promptly and warmly.
* Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property.
* Build relationships by engaging them in authentic, personable conversation.
* Actively sell tastings and tours, promote property features and coordinate guest check-in.
* Respond to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy.
* Be consistently professional in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
* Ensure messaging is consistent and is in line with direction given by your manager.
* Promote Wine Club memberships.
* Resolve guest complaints and problems acting as the manager on duty. Pass on all guest complaints or concerns to management and incoming shift.
* Be familiar with hotel information necessary to enhance guest satisfaction including rate structures, specials and restrictions, types of rooms and suites available, and hotel services including costs and location.
* Develop and maintain working knowledge of the local area in order to provide guests with information about location, cost, and hours of operation of local services, facilities and points of interest.
* Answering telephones with a smile, taking reservations, and handling messages for guests.
* Processing account adjustments and checking-out guests as they depart.
* Be familiar with hotel emergency procedures, and provide calm, reassuring assistance to guests and fellow associates in the event of an emergency.
* Monitor cleanliness and appearance of front desk and lobby area and report deficiencies to Front Desk Management.
* Perform any additional duties as requested by the Guest Services Manager on Duty.
* Understand and adhere to environmental standards set by the hotel.
* To be able to work well under pressure and to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
* To maintain a clean work environment and uphold all Health and Safety Regulations.
* Always have higher expectations for service levels.
* Be confident in taking the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift and communicate these to your Manager immediately.
* Set the example of excellence in standards to other Associates at all times.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out before the end of shift.
* Assist fellow Associates with additional job duties as business dictates and is required.
* Understands and adheres to the Ponte values and service standards.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
* Minimum of 2-4 years Night Audit experience in a Four Diamond Hotel.
* Must be able to speak English
* Must have basic computer knowledge specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Experience with Quickbooks required.
* Experience with Webrezpro a plus, not required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math sills, and analysis capabilities required.
* Has attention to detail and the ability to follow direction and abide by standard operating procedures.
* Ability to focus for an entire shift, troubleshooting and prioritizing skills.
* Hospitality/Food and Beverage industry background and experience.
* Courteous and ability to smile spontaneously!
* Great sense of humor!
* A natural desire and willingness to serve others.
* Must be outgoing and able to approach guests and initiate conversation.
* Consistently striving to be better.
* Learn and perform with Ponte Family Estate Winery Core Values. (Core Values; Mutual Respect, Integrity, Attention to Detail, Constant Focus on Excellence, Sustainability and Mentorship).
* Our Night Auditors are seated in a temperature controlled, comfortable environment.
* You'll enjoy the best views in Wine Country; our beautiful vineyards are right outside your window!
* No more long days on your feet at our Boutique Hotel!
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers