Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Pick Up Stix Restaurant is Hiring! (Upland)
PICK UP STIX RESTAURANT IS SEEKING STAFF!
Pick Up Stix - Fast, Fresh, Asian - is currently undergoing a brand revitalization. We are seeking hard-working Managers and Team Members that want to be a part of something big!
It all began with Charlie Zhang, a Chinese immigrant who arrived in the U.S. in 1982. One day, Charlie had an idea: maybe he could open a restaurant that satisfied the American taste for flavorful Chinese food that was fast and wok'd to order with fresh ingredients. Thus, the first Pick Up Stix® restaurant was opened in 1989 in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.
- BACK OF HOUSE: The Back-Of-House (BOH) Team Member's position at Pick Up Stix is extremely important. The BOH Team Member is responsible for making sure the food we serve to our customers is of the highest quality and consistent each day, every day. As a BOH Team Member, you will be responsible for cooking, helping in the kitchen, and other duties as assigned. You'll also help load and unload trucks that are picking up or delivering our supplies and food.
- FRONT OF HOUSE: The Front-Of-House (FOH) Team Member is the first person the guests interact with at Pick Up Stix. To be successful as a FOH Team Member, you must be outgoing, friendly, reliable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The FOH Team Member is responsible for taking guests' orders, suggestive selling as a guest is ordering, helping guests with potential issues and knowing and understanding portions of different menu items. The FOH Team Member will also be responsible for other duties, such as handling phone calls, preparing take-out orders, understanding the flow of the restaurant and more.
- SHIFT LEADER: As a Shift Leader at Pick Up Stix, you are responsible for supervising shifts in the absence of the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager. You'll work one-on-one with your team to ensure everything runs smoothly, while helping guests by taking orders, handing out orders, finding solutions and delegating duties. A Shift Leader is the first step in a great management career at Pick Up Stix. As the Shift Leader, you must have excellent communication and people skills, and be able to juggle many tasks at once.
- GENERAL MANAGER: The General or Assistant Manager is responsible for running overall operations of a Pick Up Stix restaurant, from managing a team of 15-20 employees, to creating reports and adhering to budgets, to ensuring quality. The General Manager must be an advocate of the brand in all meanings of the word, and create and lead a positive team atmosphere that is productive and very customer-service focused. As the General or Assistant Manager, you will be in charge of maintaining open communication with all levels of your staff and ensuring that each member is up to Pick Up Stix standards at all times. You will recruit for, hire and train new employees. You'll also reward great current employees to ensure that you keep a high-level of employee retention, and that your team feels appreciated when they do excellent work. You'll also work to constructively criticize employees, helping them grow into better workers and fantastic members of the team. The General or Assistant Manager will ensure that restaurant meets all standards set by Pick Up Stix on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This will include putting together reports, reviewing financial transactions, maintaining a budget, estimating food/beverage costs, maintaining Health Department Standards and more. This must all be done while holding both your staff and the food you serve to the highest quality standards possible.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers