Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Chef (Cafe Aroma) (Idyllwild)
compensation: This position is Salaried. Salary is based on previous experience. Please provide Compensation History.
The role of our Chef is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and execute the menu, ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction and profitability. The Chef is responsible for the daily preparation of food items the kitchen.
• Comply with high service standards and assists in assuring the same from all kitchen staff.
• Assists in manage a day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
• Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
• Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and steward employees on how to handle leftover food items.
• Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to dress code, grooming and appearance standards.
• The Chef will establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, enact approved cost saving ideas/activities.
• Establish and require strict adherence to health department sanitation and food handling guidelines
• Ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
• The Chef must maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems
• Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
Intermediate understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Minimum of 4 years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience required.
• Professional communication skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Food Handlers permit required.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
• Bilingual is preferred, but not required.
• Ability to communicate verbally and understand verbal communication.
• Constant standing with some walking.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally
lift/move 50 pounds.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers