Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
General Manager at Vail Lake Resort (Temecula)
About the Job
Function as the leader of the Vail Lake Resort with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, sales and revenue generation, and profit attainment. Lead the team in the development and implementation of resort-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of ownership and management company strategy while exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Vail Lake is a reservoir of 1,000 acres in western Riverside County, California, located approximately 10 miles from Old Town Temecula. The resort has nearly 500 camping / RV sites, food & beverage , retail, recreation, and special events operations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates - Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also encouraged to raise questions and/or concerns.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
• Manage the day to day operations of Vail Lake Resort
• Ensure an appropriate and comprehensive property operations and marketing strategy is in place and executed to the benefit of guests, the Water District, and business
• Manage the relationship with the Rancho California Water District, corporate office, and other key decision makers.
• Drive Revenue and manage on-property expenses
• Oversees the recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervision of all personnel including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate and per policy. Maintains the highest level of safety training and awareness for all personnel. Responsible for monthly meetings and annual reviews.
• Review and sign off on invoices.
• Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
• Manage e-mail.
• Manage daily paper mail.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business or Hospitality Administration
• 4 years minimum management experience required
• General knowledge of RV resort management and maintenance is required.
• Large event experience prefered
• Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.
• Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships - Skilled at developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• Computer skills - including: email, excel, word, PowerPoint, point of sale, reservations software, etc.
• High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps ownerships values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
• Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
For consideration, please email your resume and salary requirement email@example.com
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers