Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Landscape Designer & Sales Representative (Temecula)
compensation: $40,000-$45,000 Annual Starting Salary (Exempt Position)
McCabe's Nursery & Landscape, Inc. is a growing ten-acre plant nursery, landscape construction company and maintenance service provider with 35 full time employees.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing Landscape Designer and Sales Representative. The office environment is dynamic and fast-paced. Ideal candidates will be able to change gears quickly and adapt to consistently shifting and evolving priorities.
This is a position that will grow in responsibility as the company continues to grow so a desire for growth and increasingly complex responsibilities is a must. Applicants need to be comfortable working around dogs and cats in a home office environment.
• Initial consultation/sales appointments with customers at their homes to identify their needs and wants for landscape projects
• Tours of the nursery with prospective clients to identify plant preferences
• Preparation custom landscape designs and estimates per week
• Sale of construction projects based on the designs and plans prepared to prospective clients
• Preparation of 3D design plans and Sketch up Models (as appropriate)
• Completion of post-job follow up visits with customers
• Providing high-levels of customer service to past, present, and future customers
• Assisting construction foremen as needed with projects under construction
• Measuring and creating site-plans for properties without satellite images
• Doing research on possible new materials and unique design ideas
• Other duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelor's degree (Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture preferred). Minimum of 3 years of experience prefered. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
A comprehensive landscape design portfolio and references will need to be submitted along with a resume to be considered for an interview.
• Proficiency with photo editing software (preferably the Adobe Creative Suite)
• Proficiency with use of landscape design software (particularly CAD or CAD based software) ((Drafix Software's Landscape Pro is ideal))
• Experience using Quickbooks preferred
• Desire to learn and develop on a continuous basis
• Computer literacy including competency with Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Proven track-record of direct sales
• Knowledge of landscape construction best-practices
• Flexibility to accommodate a shifting work load and ongoing deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
• High level of energy and positive attitude
• Love of plants and familiarity with names and types required
Location: De Luz (Temecula) 92590
Job Timings: Tuesday to Friday 8:00-5:00pm and Saturday 8:00-3:00pm
Please include requested salary information in cover letter.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND PORTFOLIO FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers