IT Technical Mentor Needed for San Bernardino (San Bernardino)
compensation: Base BOE & Certifications
Under moderate supervision this position follows established policies, procedures, operating instructions and processes to provide quality customer support to clients via telephone, email and/or in-person contact in conjunction with the established company policies and procedures for supported products and services including networks, client/server systems, PC and desktops, desktop application software, online educational software, peripheral devices, printers and others.
This position also assists students in a mentored learning / one-on-one environment.
This position reports to Director of Information Systems.
- Provide first-line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Troubleshoot computer system problems providing solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and other available resources.
- Identify customer concerns or issues and resolve, or escalate to senior level help desk personnel or management.
- Log and properly document all issue, follow-up, and resolution information for each troubleshooting issue.
- Maintain working knowledge of all help desk related policies, procedures, application installations, system configurations, current hardware, and basic network configuration practices through on-going training and self-initiated research and study.
- Assist other team members as required.
- Support onsite computer requests, hardware moves, hardware/software additions and upgrades.
- Provide phone system support and minor programming to support moves and additions.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel.
- Participate on special projects as required.
- Mentor and assist students in mentored learning / one-on-one environment.
- Provide appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction in the Mentored Learning lab by taking into consideration the unique abilities of each student.
- Collaborate with the sales teams, when needed, to ensure desired learning objectives of the client.
- Assist in the delivery of training using differing modalities including self-paced learning, Hosted Distance Learning, Connected Classroom and traditional Instructor-led Training (including client-site, blended, and custom classes).
- Constantly strive to improve through:
a. Self-analysis and peer/management evaluations
b. Becoming a subject matter expert by continuous technical training opportunities
c. Participation in company "hands on" initiatives
- Update technical, sales, and business knowledge by participating in educational opportunities offered by Company.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Understanding of topics covered in A+, Net+. Internet (VPN, RDP, DNS, DHCP), email, and OS imaging.
Apply Online at: http://nhsocal.atsondemand.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers