Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Field Services Support Operator (Montclair)
Technical Operations Department
The Field Services Support Operator's role is to provide support and documentation to our Field Services Team, ensuring our Technical Operations Department can accomplish assigned tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving requests from field service personnel. Problem resolution may involve documenting and communicating with project managers, supervisors, other field personnel and/or the use of site documentation, manuals and/or plans.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
• Field incoming help requests from Field Service Technicians via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from field services personnel.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately supervisor/manager/department.
• Record, track, and document the field services request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
• Apply documentation and/or diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access documentation updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by our organization.
• Work with field technicians testing fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for common issues.
• Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Formal Education & Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent, and work experience in related field required.
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP/7/8, MS Office programs such as Word and Excel, and/or Google Drive applications.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
This position reports to the Technical Operations Manager.
- do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers